Skip to main content

Casting consideration and choices

 Casting can be a very difficult thing to do. You must be able to find people who will take their duty seriously and have some acting skills, Although we have not have started to cast, I have some ideas that I will present to my group this week. I have a few people in mind who will be a perfect fit for this task. Group member Kayla will actually be a actor in this film opening while the others will be editing and filming. Casting this week will actually be a great choice since we start production on the 22nd of February. If we can gather up a cast by Wednesday or Thursday, actors will be given time to memorize and act out their lines. The actors we choose must be good at memorizing since they have a short time to memorize their lines. So on film day we have a smooth transition and an easy production process. There is a couple of things we need to acknowledge before we start to cast. Things such as how should we do this casting process, where should the casting take place, how we would be able to judge, and how long would this process take. These are all the questions that come to mind when I think about how we would be able to cast. I will present these questions to my group mates and we will cultivate ideas towards this topic. Hopefully, this will be a smooth casting and not take up all of our time for the week. This is probably the most important part of this project since without the cast we have nothing. I know I will conduct the casting since I will grade their actions to the fullest extent and not be biased once so ever. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard

 This was easily the most easy but difficult assignment that we have had. Since one of our group members left our group, there was a little bit of conflict during the time we had the assignment. With Kayla and my great thinking plus Adonai's creativity, we created a master piece. I gave the format and specifically what we were going to do, and Adonai successfully carried out that plan. This was difficult since we started so late, but we still got it done. This is what we have came up with  
In some movies there can be a lot going on in just a two minute film opening. Sometimes its just filled with action but then gives a explanation later or vice versa. In the genre I want to do, there isn't really a lot of action in most cases. Most of the time it has a little action then narration or narration explain what is about to happen. For example the opening for season one on the show "On My Block" there is not a lot of action neither narration but this scene introduces the main characters and the side characters in the show. Or in the Disney Drama/ comedy " Let it shine" where the filmer uses close ups, establishing shots, master shots, to show what is happening. Although there is not a lot of action in the scene, it shows some of the main characters. Or in the 1997 movie "clueless" which does not include a lot of action but similar to other movies in my genre it does include narration. This scene includes a variety of establishing shots, and c...

Case study

 This case study was a rough and vigorous task since it was very hard to retain information. The 5 parts of the case study (History/target audience, production, distribution,  marketing, cross media convergence and synergy) all of these parts make up a case study. How did I do this? Well first you get the film of your choice that relates to the genre you are doing, I chose the classic film "Mean girls" After that you start dong research on all 5 of those topics. You may be able to find a couple blogs relating on how to do and find these very few parts. But make sure your websites are credential and legit. You do not want to be using websites such as Wikipedia to gain information. This websites information can be altered by anyone who chooses to do so. Once I retained all the information from my research, I started to form my case study. You can either do a power point, word document, or a video. I chose to do a PowerPoint since it is easier to divide those 5 topics. Then you ...